History solved questions for RAS and other PSC Exams
Rajasthan PSC Prelims Model test paper
Indian history solved objective questions
1. Upanishads together are called—
2. When did final compilation of Mahavira’s teachings take place?
(A) 4th century B .C.
(B) 6th century B.C.
(C) 5th or 6th century A.D.
(D) 9th century A.D.
3. Which of the following was absent in Rigvedic period?
(A) Child marriages
(B) Varna based on occupation
(D) Remarriage of windows
4. Which of the following is incorrect?
(A) Mahavir Swami attained Nirvana in 468 B .C.
(B) Mahavir Swami attained Nirvana in 566 B.C.
(C) Mahavir Swami attained Nirvana in 57 B.C.
(D) Mahavir Swami attained Nirvana in 324 B.C.
5. Ancient texts divide one’s life into four ashramas which of the following gives the correct sequence —
(A) Brahamacharya, Grihastha, Sanyas, Vanaprastha
(B) Sanyas, Brahmacharya, Grihastha, Vanaprastha
(C) Brahamacharya, Grihastha, Vanprastha, Sanyas
(D) Vanprastha, Grihastha, Brahmacharya, Sanyas
6. Which of the following is correct?
(A) Mahavir Swami did not believed in rebirth
(B) Mahavir Swami did not believe in the theory of Karma
(C) Mahavir Swami believed in animal sacrifice
(D) Mahavir Swami believed that devotion to God is essential for the attainment of Nirvana
7. Which of the following is not a Vedic text?
8. Which of the following is correct?
(A) Mahavir Swami accepted the conception of a supreme being
(B) Mahavir Swami discarded the conception of Atma
(C) Mahavir Swami discarded the conception, of soul transmigration
(D) Mahavir Swami discarded the authority of the Vedas
9. The philosophy of Upanishads emphasises on —
(B) Jnan (Gyan)
10. Which of the following is not a noble truth according to Buddha?
(A) That the world existence is full of mercy
(B) That the world is a manifestation of a universal soul
(C) That the world existence can be ended by destruction of trishna
(D) That there is a path for the destruction of trishna
11. Aryani, Goddess of the forest, is first mentioned in—
(A) Rik Samhita
(D) Upnishdic texts
12. The Besnagar inscription of Heliodorus refers to—
(A) Samkarshan & Vasudeva
(B) Samkarshan, Pradyumna & Vasudeva
(C) Vasudeva only
(D) All the Panchaviras
13. Where did Buddha attain enlightenment?
14. The Hindu God who has sometimes been identified by Greek authors with Herekles is—
15. What is the Dhammapada?
(A) An upanishada
(B) A Jam connonical text
(C) An ancient text on politics
(D) A cannonical text of Buddhism
16. Which one ‘of. he following is correctly matched in the context of the vedic culture?
(A) Asura: A sacred plant
(B) Pushan: Tribal assembly
(C) Rita: Inebriating drink
(D) Ribhu: Gnomes
17. Salvation or Nirvana according to Buddha aimed at—
(A) Attainment of Godhood
(B) Attainment of Heaven
(C) Extinction of the desire for rebirth
(D) Attainment of divine happiness
18. Which of the following characterized the later Vedic period?
1. Extensive burning of forests
2. Manufacture of iron artifacts
3. Knowledge of seasons
4. Large scale irrigation
(A) 1, 2&3
(B) 1, 2&4
(D) 2, 3&4
(C) l, 3&4
19. Which Buddhas is yet to come?
(D) None of these
20. Which of the following are reasons for the identification of the reflected in the later Vedic texts with the painted Grey ware culture? Select the correct answer.
1. Material culture of the two corresponds
2. Geographical distribution of the two corresponds
3. Chronological span of the two corresponds
4. Both evolved locally
(A) 1, 2&3
(B) 1, 2&4
(C) 1, 3&4
(D) 2, 3&4
21. Which of the following was not included in the Eight-fold path of Buddhism?
(A) Right speech
(B) Right effort
(C) Right livelihood
(D) Right desire
23. Rigvedic people invoked Indra for—
(A) Acquisition of knowledge
(B) A life after death
(C) Release from the cycle of births & deaths
(D) Material comforts & victory
24. Early Indian religious texts refer to conflict between Krishna & —
25. Buddha avoided discussion on—
(C) Soul but not God
(D) Both Soul and God